7-Up Pound Cake
Write a review
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, soft
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, no white bitter pith
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, no white bitter pith
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lemon lime soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla and citrus zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with lemon-lime soda.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Place in oven and bake until center of the cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a tooth pick comes out clean. About 75-80 minutes. Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing.