7UP® Chocolate Cake
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup strong, hot coffee
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup 7UP®
- 2 eggs
- Creamy White Frosting
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Plain Flour
- 1 cup butter, softened (do not substitute margarine)
- 1 cup Clover Valley® Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Clover Valley® Iodized Salt
- 2 tsp. Clover Valley® Vanilla Extract
- Combine sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt in a large bowl.
- Add coffee and oil; beat for 1 minute with an electric mixer.
- Add 7UP® and eggs; beat well. Pour into a greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Top with creamy white frosting (directions below).
- Combine milk and flour in a saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thick.
- Cool completely.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add milk mixture and beat until smooth and creamy.