Write a review
- 2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, melted
- 1 env. KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup almond-flavored liqueur
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- MIX cracker crumbs and margarine. Press firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- SPRINKLE gelatine over cold water in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook on low heat 3 minutes or until gelatine is completely dissolved, stirring constantly. Set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually add evaporated milk, beating on medium-high speed 2 minutes or light and fluffy. Blend in liqueur, lemon juice and vanilla. Gradually add gelatine mixture, mixing on low speed until well blended. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped cream; cover and refrigerate remaining whipped cream for later use.
- POUR cheesecake batter into crust. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Top with remaining whipped cream and the almonds just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.