Apple Cinnamon French Toast Cupcake with Bacon Maple Cream Frosting
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups sifted white or whole wheat flour + 1 tablespoon reserved for filling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon for filling
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Cooked applewood smoked bacon pieces/bits
- 3 medium sized Granny Smith apples, sauteed
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in medium sized bowl. Add vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to sugar mixture. Dough will be sticky.
- For filling, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter and flour until a grainy paste is formed.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/4 full with cupcake batter. Pipe in an index-sized finger amount of filling and top with remaining cupcake batter until 3/4 full. Repeat.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool. Mix all frosting ingredients and frost cupcakes. Top with sauteed apples and bacon pieces.