Apple- Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
Write a review
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 7 1/2 ounce package (10) refrigerated reduced-fat home-style biscuits
- 4 teaspoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 of a medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Cut biscuits in half crosswise. In a small bowl combine ground flaxseeds, 11/2 teaspoons of the granulated sugar, and the cinnamon. Roll biscuits in flaxseed mixture to coat. Alternately arrange biscuit halves and apple slices in the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with any remaining flaxseed mixture. Top with walnuts.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling. Pour mixture over biscuits. Bake about 25 minutes or until edges are golden and biscuits near center are done. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert loaf onto a small baking sheet. Invert again onto a serving platter.
- For icing, in a small bowl whisk together cream cheese, 2 teaspoons orange juice, vanilla, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Drizzle bread with icing. Serve warm.