Apple-Cream Cheese Muffins
Write a review
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (from 8-oz package)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar in the muffins for filling.
- 2 In large bowl with electric mixer, mix remaining brown sugar for muffins, 1 3/4 cups flour, the baking powder, cinnamon and salt on low speed until mixed. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the beaten egg for filling. Add oil, applesauce, vanilla and remaining egg to flour mixture. Beat on medium speed until mixed. With spoon, stir in apple.
- 3 In small bowl, mix cream cheese, the reserved 1 tablespoon brown sugar and reserved 1 tablespoon egg. Fill muffin cups slightly less than half full of batter. Top each with 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture. Top with spoonful of remaining batter to fill cups 2/3 full. In small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- 4 Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes.