Apple Pie Chex Mix
Write a review
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons no-trans-fat vegetable oil spread stick or butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups dried or freeze-dried apples, coarsely chopped if necessary
- 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips (2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and walnuts.
- 2 In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter on High 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg uncovered for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- 3 Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Sprinkle apples evenly over cereal mixture.
- 4 In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and shortening uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; let stand until set. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight container.