Apricot Tea Cookies
Write a review
- 1 pound unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1¼ cups apricot preserves
- 1½ cups coconut, toasted
- ½ cup apricot jam
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture. Add almonds, preserves and coconut.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumb into the center of each ball. Place ¼-½ teaspoon jam into center of each impression. Bake for 12-15 minutes.