Autumn Chicken Stew
Write a review
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups 1-inch cubes pumpkin or Hubbard squash
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- Chopped fresh parsley or pumpkin pie spice, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Coat chicken with 1/4 cup Bisquick mix. In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- 2 Stir in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, potatoes, onion, tomatoes and broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir dumpling ingredients until soft dough forms.
- 3 Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto stew mixture. Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover; cook about 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley or additional pumpkin pie spice.