Autumn Harvest Salad
Write a review
- 1 small butternut squash (1 pound)
- 2 firm ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 3 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup raspberry or regular vinaigrette dressing
- Set oven control to broil. Spray broiler pan rack with cooking spray. Peel squash. Cut squash crosswise into 1/2-inch slices; remove seeds. Cut pears lengthwise into 8 pieces; cut out cores. Brush squash and pears with margarine. Place squash on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 2 to 3 inches from heat 4 minutes; turn. Add pears, cut sides up, to rack. Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until squash and pears are tender.
- Place cabbage on large platter. Top with squash and pears. Sprinkle with apple and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing.