Bacon & Brown Sugar Green Beans
Write a review
- 6 slices bacon [or turkey bacon]
- 2 cans (14.5oz.ea.) Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, well drained
- 2 Tbsps. packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until crisp. Place bacon on paper towels. Drain all but 1 Tbsp. bacon drippings.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat; add beans, sugar and red pepper flakes. Cook 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Top beans with crumbled bacon before serving.
- If using turkey bacon, add 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in Step 2.