Bacon Cheddar Puffs
Write a review
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese or Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt or powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1Combine milk and butter in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is simmering. Add flour all at once; continue to cook, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon, until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- 2Beat in 1 egg until mixture is smooth. Repeat with remaining eggs, adding just 1 egg at a time, beating until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3Drop heaping teaspoons of mixture onto greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature