Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
Write a review
- 12 wooden toothpicks
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or finely chopped green onions
- 6 jalapeño chiles (2 to 3 inch), halved lengthwise, seeded
- 4 slices bacon
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper. Soak toothpicks in small bowl of warm water to prevent burning.
- 2In small bowl, mix cream cheese and chives. Spoon mixture evenly into chile halves.
- 3Cut each bacon slice crosswise into thirds. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each stuffed chile half; secure with soaked toothpick. Place on cookie sheet.
- 4Bake 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and chiles are tender. Serve warm.