Write a review
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms, onion, and chopped garlic over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid then add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole dish, cover, and bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted.