Banana Apple Betty
Write a review
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 firm large DOLE® Bananas, sliced
- 2 tart DOLE Green Apples, peeled, cored, chunked
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, cut in small pieces
- Thawed whipped topping (optional)
- Stir together bread crumbs, sugars and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine bananas, apples, orange juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons crumb mixture into bottom of 9-inch cake pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Evenly spread fruit mixture over crumbs. Dot butter over fruit. Scatter remaining crumb mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake at 375°F, 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly. Serve warm with whipped topping, if desired.