Banana Cream Pie with Nutella Topped Crust
Write a review
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- Whipped Cream, as desired
- Shaved chocolate, as desired
- Fill bottom of prepared pie crust with Nutella. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, scald the milk. Remove from heat.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt, and gradually whisk in the scalded milk. Stir constantly over medium low heat, until thickened.
- Place beaten yolks into a mixing bowl. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks; once combined, whisk yolks into the hot mixture.
- Cook over medium low heat for a minute or until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and blend in the butter and vanilla. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- As mixture cools, slice bananas and scatter over the Nutella; pour warm mixture over bananas.
- Allow to set in refrigerator until completely cooled. Top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate, as desired.