Banana Pound Cake
Write a review
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, soft
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ripe bananas, about 3- 4 large ones, mashed to a puree
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9 or 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl often. Whip until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with banana puree.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan. Place in oven and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 90-120 minutes. Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing.