BBQ Potato Chips
Write a review
- 4 Idaho® potatoes thin sliced lengthwise
- 2 pounds melted, clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped and slightly chilled
- Slice potatoes and hold in water.
- Combine dry spices and BBQ sauce; put mixture into labeled shaker or plastic baggie.
- Heat butter to 320-degrees in a fryer.
- Dry slices well and place in fryer until golden brown; turn several times.
- Drain chips well after frying.
- In metal bowl, toss lightly with vinegar, then spice mixture.
- Top with cilantro.