Write a review
- 4 medium green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 1 15 ounce can chili beans with chili gravy
- 1 cup cooked converted rice
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- Remove tops, membranes, and seeds from peppers. In a medium bowl, stir together chili beans with chili gravy, rice, and 1/2 cup of the cheese; spoon into peppers. Pour tomato sauce into the bottom of a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Place peppers, filled sides up, in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Transfer peppers to serving plate. Spoon tomato sauce over peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.