Beefy Cowboy Mac & Cheese
Write a review
- 3 Tbsp. Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup Clover Valley® Flour
- 1/2 cup Clover Valley® Salsa
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz. whole-wheat medium pasta shells or regular medium pasta shells, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Whisk together milk, flour and remaining spread in medium bowl. Stir milk mixture into skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salsa and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add cooked pasta and toss. Pour into 2-quart shallow baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.