Beer Battered Shrimp Recipe
Write a review
- Serves: 4
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Beer Batter Seafood Batter Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
- 2/3 cup beer or water
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pour oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat oil to 375°F on medium heat.
- Mix Batter Mix, garlic powder and red pepper in medium bowl. Add beer or water; mix until smooth.
- Dip shrimp into batter. Shake off excess. Carefully add shrimp, several at a time, to hot oil. Fry 3 to 5 minutes, turning once to brown evenly, until shrimp are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.