Beer Queso Nachos
Write a review
- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup lager beer, such as a Boston lager
- 2 cups shredded American cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Arrange tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Bake 5 minutes to warm chips.
- 3Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat until just starting to simmer. Slowly add the cheeses in small amounts, stirring constantly with whisk, until melted. Stir in chiles.
- 4In medium bowl, mix beans and salsa. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- 5To serve, pour half of the cheese sauce over warm chips; top with half of the bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese mixture and remaining bean mixture. Serve with remaining ingredients.