Black Bottom Strawberry Cream Pie
Write a review
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup strawberry pie glaze
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream, whipped, if desired
- Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spread hot fudge topping in bottom of cooled baked shell. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Carefully spread over chocolate layer in shell.
- In medium bowl, gently mix strawberries and pie glaze. Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of pie. Store in refrigerator.
- Hot fudge topping is much thicker than chocolate-flavor syrup. Its thickness helps form the "black bottom" of this layered pie.