Black Forest Pie Recipe
Write a review
- 1 package (4 oz.) HERSHEY'S Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups cold whipping cream
- 1 baked 9-or 10-inch pie crust, cooled
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, chilled
- Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Combine chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; stir in almond extract. Pour into large bowl; cool or refrigerate thoroughly. Beat until smooth.
- Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until stiff; gradually fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into baked pie crust. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until set. Serve with pie filling. Garnish with almonds, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie. About 8 servings.