Write a review
- 10 slices smoked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12-ounce package fresh linguine
- 1 bunch scallions, whites and light green sections, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- 2. While the water heats, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it is crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the scallions and tomatoes, then sauté for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mixture to a bowl, draining any excess fat.
- 3. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1⁄4 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan.
- 4. Add the cream cheese and half of the reserved cooking water to the pasta. Toss until the cheese is melted and forms a creamy sauce.
- 5. Add three-quarters of the bacon and tomato mixture, then toss again. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more of the reserved cooking water. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Divide the pasta among 4 plates, then top each serving with some of the remaining bacon and tomato mixture.