BLUEBERRY-ALMOND CRÈME MUFFINS
Write a review
- 4 ounces cream cheese (half of 8-oz package), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Blanched Slivered Almonds, finely chopped
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Blueberry Preserves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 8 regular-size muffin cups (2 3/4x1 1/4 inches) with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, stir cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, almond extract and vanilla until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- In medium shallow bowl, mix almonds and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate 1 biscuit into 3 layers. Brush 1 layer with melted butter. Firmly press layer, butter side down, into almond mixture, coating evenly. Place layer, almond side down, in bottom and up side of muffin cup. Fill with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture; spread evenly. Top with second biscuit layer; press edges of layers together. Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of the preserves onto middle of second layer. Brush third biscuit layer with melted butter; firmly press, butter side down, into almond mixture. Place third layer, almond side up, on second layer; press edge of third layer into edge of second layer.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits, refrigerating biscuits if dough becomes too soft to separate. Sprinkle any remaining almond mixture onto tops of biscuits.
- Bake 17 to 27 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes before serving