Boston Cream Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant French vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- For Cupcakes: COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on high until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture in thirds, alternating with milk. Beat until smooth. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: COMBINE pudding mix, cream and water in medium bowl. Whisk 2 minutes.
- For Ganache: HEAT cream in small saucepan on low heat until hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- REMOVE cupcakes from paper baking cups. Cut cupcakes in half crosswise using a serrated knife. Spread 1 rounded tablespooon filling on bottom halves. Place tops back on filling. Spread 2 teaspoons ganache over tops. Store in refrigerator.