Write a review
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cookie decorations: confectioner's sugar, fruit leather, frosting, and M&M's Minis
- Heat the oven to 350. Line a 17 1/4 by 11 1/4 by 3/4-inch jellyroll pan with aluminum foil so that it extends 2 inches beyond the long sides of the pan. Lightly butter the bottom and sides of the foil-lined pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and the chocolate in a microwave on high for 1 to 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the eggs and sugars for 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract until blended. Beat in the flour and salt just until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Brownie Snowmen - Step 5
- Using the two ends of the foil as handles, lift the brownies from the pan. Cut them into snowmen or other festive shapes with cookie cutters.