Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1 Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Hot Fudge Sauce or fresh fruit, such as raspberries, sliced strawberries, or sliced peaches, or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry circle and trim. Crimp edge as desired.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla; stir in the chocolate mixture and nuts.
- Pour filling into a pastry-lined pie plate. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with Hot Fudge Sauce, fresh fruit, or vanilla ice cream. Makes 8 slices.
- From the Test Kitchen
- Prepare as above, except substitute 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, chocolate-mint pieces, or raspberry-flavor pieces for the walnuts.