Buche de Noel Ice Cream Cake
Write a review
- 1 box (16 oz.) angel food cake mix
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1 container Breyers® Natural Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3 large marshmallows
- 6 mini marshmallows
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 can (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 15-1/2 x 10-1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into prepared pan. Bake 22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 15 minutes.
- Run metal spatula around edges of cake to loosen; sift 1 tablespoon sugar onto cake. Invert onto clean kitchen towel; remove parchment paper.
- Starting at short end of cake, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style, folding towel into cake; refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Unroll cake on cutting board. With scissors, cut carton from Breyers® Natural Strawberry Ice Cream. Arrange Ice Cream on its side, then cut crosswise into 8 slices. Arrange slices on cake leaving 1-1/2-inch border at one end of cake; pressing to form an even layer. Roll cake up tightly, using towel to help roll cake; freeze 3 hours or overnight. Freeze serving platter 30 minutes before serving.
- Using scissors, snip large marshmallows in half crosswise to make ''mushrooms''; press mini marshmallows onto sticky side of large marshmallows. Sift cocoa powder over mushrooms; set aside.
- Remove towel from cake using a cutting board. With serrated knife, slice 1-1/2-inch diagonal piece off one end of cake. On chilled serving platter, arrange large ''log''. Place diagonal slice against side of ''log'' to form ''branch''.
- Frost "log" and "branch" with chocolate frosting, leaving ends unfrosted. Drag fork across frosting to create "bark"; press on "mushrooms". Return to freezer to firm up.
- Garnish with cranberries and mint and sprinkle with additional confectioners sugar.
- TIP: The frosting will cover any cracks you may get in the cake when rolling.