Butter Pecan Cheesecake with Chocolate Glaze
Write a review
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1ntablespoon powdered sugar
- Filling and Topping
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring, if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, beat all crust ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Pat dough in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake about 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- 2Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in 1 cup brown sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, butter flavoring and vanilla, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth. Pour into partially baked crust.
- 3Bake about 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 15 minutes (center will sink slightly).
- 4Meanwhile, heat chocolate chips and whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Spread chocolate glaze on top of cheesecake.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon butter and the pecan halves in 8-inch nonstick skillet over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is melted and pecans are toasted. Spread on waxed paper; cool 5 minutes. Arrange sugared pecans along edge of top of cheesecake. Cool 2 hours at room temperature. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen; remove side of pan. Store covered in refrigerator.