Write a review
- 1 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 6 ounces butterscotch morsels
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- Combine brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, butter, milk and rum in a saucepan. Stir to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in butterscotch morsels.
- Add powdered sugar in 1/2 cup amounts stirring the mixture smooth between additions. If batter becomes too firm transfer on a board dusted with powdered sugar and mix by hand.
- The batter will set and become firmer in 10-20 minutes. Shape in 1 inch round balls and roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on parchment or wax paper and place in refrigerator.