Write a review
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley,minced
- 8 oz mozarella grated
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 bell pepper diced
- One box lasagna noodles, dry
- 1 lb fresh sausage casing removed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups jack cheese grated
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a lg pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta for 6 minutes.
- Rinse pasta with water, drain,coat with oil and set aside.
- Mix seasonings and reserve one tablespoon for ricotta/.cheese mixture and divide remaining seasons in half. Set aside.
- In a lg pot heated over medium heat,add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add ground turkey and sausage , break into small chunks.Season with half of the seasoning blend and cook until browned about 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix well.Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth. Season with remaining seasonings. Mix well.
- Lower heat to medium low and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped parsley and mix well and allow sauce to cook 15 more minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of parmigiano reggiano and mix well.
- To assemble ricotta/cheese mixture
- Mix eggs, ricotta,parmigiano reggiano,1 cup sharp jack and mozzarella with remaining seasoning blend and set aside.
- To assemble lasagna
- In a lg greased 13x9 inch casserole dish place about 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom.
- Top with lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping noodles.
- Top with more pasta sauce,top with about 6 heaping tablespoons of ricotta/cheese mixture.
- Top with a handful of remaining grated cheeses and repeat with another layer of lasagna noodles, meat mixture/ricotta cheese mixture./ grated cheese.
- For the last layer, top with noodles, pasta sauce and remaining grated cheeses.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook 20 min. more.
- Remove from oven, cool 10 min. and serve.