Candy Cane Dessert Squares
Write a review
- 36 (2 cups) chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2/3 cup coarsely crushed red or green hard peppermint candies
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and 2/3 cup whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until smooth. Spread evenly over crust. Place in freezer at least 10 minutes while making filling.
- Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese and peppermint extract in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth and creamy. Gently stir in whipped cream and crushed candies. Spread evenly over ganache layer. Sprinkle with additional crushed candy, if desired. Cover; freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into squares. Top each serving with small candy cane, if desired. Serve frozen or refrigerated. Store frozen.