Candy Cane Jello Shots Recipe
Write a review
- 2 Cups of 100 Proof Peppermint Schnapps
- 2 Cups of Boiling Water
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Envelopes of Knox® Unflavored Gelatin
- 3 oz. Cherry Flavored Jell-O® Gelatin
- 5 Cup (1.2 Liter) Container
- 1 Candy Cane Cookie Cutter
- Note: If you don't want strong jello shots, use a lower proof peppermint schnapps.
- Make White Peppermint Schnapps Gelatin
- Pour 1 cup of peppermint schnapps into a bowl or container. Sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin over the liqueur. Let it stand for about two minutes. Add 1 cup of boiling water and stir until the gelatin completely dissolves. Pour the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- Make Cherry Peppermint Gelatin
- Pour 1 cup of peppermint schnapps into another bowl or container. Sprinkle 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin over the liqueur. Let it stand for about one minute. Add cherry flavored Jell-O and pour 1 cup of boiling water. Stir until the gelatin completely dissolves.
- Note: You may use strawberry or raspberry flavored Jell-O instead of cherry.
- Create White and Red Layers
- Wash and dry the mold. Spray the inside of the mold with a small amount of vegetable oil. Wipe any excess oil. Pour 3/4 cup of white gelatin into the mold. Place it in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes until the gelatin is firm.
- Once the white gelatin is firm, pour 3/4 cup of the red gelatin on top. Let it set in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Keep the remaining gelatin outside the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate the Layered Peppermint Gelatin
- Keep adding 3/4 cup of white and red gelatin to create the layers. When you get to the last layer, pour all the remaining white gelatin and place the container in the refrigerator. Let it set until firm.
- Note: If your house is cold, the gelatin outside the refrigerator might begin to set. If that is the case, microwave the gelatin for about 30 seconds to keep it liquid.
- Remove the Layered Peppermint Gelatin
- Once the gelatin is firm, place a cutting board over the open side of the mold, then flip the mold and cutting board together. Lift the mold off, leaving the gelatin on the cutting board.
- If the gelatin gets stock to the mold and won't come out, use a warm knife along the edges to loosen the gelatin.
- Slice the Layered Peppermint Gelatin
- Using a warm sharp knife, slice a 3/4 inch (about 2 cm) thick piece of gelatin and gently lay it down on the cutting board.
- When slicing the gelatin, use one hand to make the cut and the other to hold the slice.
- Note: If you make thin slices, the layers might fall apart.
- Cut Out Candy Cane Jello Shots
- Using a candy cane cookie cutter, cut out candy cane jello shots out of the slices of peppermint gelatin. Make sure that the cuts are done in an angle to mimic the layers of a candy cane.
- Place Candy Cane Jello Shots on a Plate
- After cutting out a candy cane jello shot, transfer the jello shot in the cookie cutter onto a plate.