Candy Cane KISSES Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
Write a review
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter , softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- Additional finely chopped HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 3. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into butter mixture. (Dough will be stiff.) Add chopped candy, stirring with wooden spoon or kneading until evenly blended. Press dough evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned with slight cracking around edges. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 5. Prepare and frost bars with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. Top with additional chopped candies, if desired. Makes about 24 bars.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 oz. (one half 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until frosting reaches desired consistency.