Candy Corn Cupcake Trifles
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ vanilla cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1/2 teaspoon orange paste food color
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow paste food color
- 12 mason jars (8-oz size) or other half-pint jars
- 2 containers Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter in half; tint half of batter orange and other half yellow. Divide each color batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 2Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- 3Remove paper baking cups. Cut each cupcake in half horizontally. In each jar, place 1 yellow cupcake half and 1 orange cupcake half. Spoon 1 container of frosting into 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off about 1/2-inch corner of bag. Twist bag above frosting; squeeze bag to pipe frosting over orange cupcake in each jar. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of the candy corn. Repeat layers with remaining cupcake halves, second container of frosting and remaining 1/2 cup candy corn.