Candy Corn Owl Halloween Pumpkin
Write a review
- Felt in black and orange
- Hot-glue gun
- Licorice wheels
- 1 bag candy corn
- Orange card stock
- Pumpkins: 1 about 10" tall and 1 about 3" tall
- 1. For eyes: Cut two circles, 2" in diameter, out of black felt. Glue a licorice wheel to center of each felt circle. Arrange candy corn around licorice wheel and glue in place. Cut bottom off two pieces of candy corn and discard tops (or eat!). Glue one piece to center of each licorice wheel, cut side down.
- 2. For ears: Cut two 3/4" x 1 1/2" pieces of card stock. Fold each piece in half. Arrange two pieces of candy corn on each piece of card stock, with yellow end of candy corn along fold and white tips angled toward each other. Glue candy corn to card stock.
- 3. Cut two leaf-shape wings from orange felt, about 2" x 3" each.
- 4. For beak: Cut a triangle (2" tall with a 1" base) out of black felt. Cut yellow end off a piece of candy corn; glue remainder to point of triangle. Glue two pieces of candy corn to felt to cover.
- 5. For talons: Slice off top third of the smaller pumpkin and discard portion with stem. Cut remaining piece into thirds; discard one piece. Set two remaining pieces on table, cut side down, and glue three pieces of candy corn to each, with white ends pointing downward.
- 6. Assemble owl: Glue the pair of eyes to pumpkin so that candy corn pieces intersect, as shown. Glue beak to center of pumpkin, below eyes. Glue wings to pumpkin, one coming out from side of each eye. Glue the pair of ears to top of pumpkin. Arrange talons in front.