Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (or 2 additional ounces cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped toffee pieces
- 4 Granny Smith apples (or other tart apples), sliced for serving
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Make the caramel: In a medium, dry saucepan over medium-high heat, melt granulated sugar, stirring occasionally to break up large clumps. (This will take about 5 minutes—be careful, as mixture will become extremely hot.) Continue to cook and stir until sugar turns a copper color.
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in butter (mixture will bubble as you do so). The butter may not incorporate entirely. Stir in heavy cream and salt, then return sauce pan to stove over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and melt any sugar that has solidified. Cook bubbling caramel for a few minutes, until it turns a shade darker. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- While caramel cools, beat together cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Beat in brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add reserved caramel and beat on high speed until mostly incorporated (some bits of caramel will stay in delicious little pieces). Transfer dip to a serving bowl and top with toffee.
- In a separate bowl, combine lemon juice and water. Add apple slices and toss to prevent browning. Drain apples and serve with Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip.