Caramel Apple Scones
Write a review
- 1/2 cup, divided Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling dough
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 apples, finely chopped
- Step By Step
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Cut butter into dry mixture until it resembles crumbs.
- Whisk together milk and eggs; add to crumb mixture and fold until most dry ingredients are incorporated. Add apples and 1/4 cup Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip and gently fold into mixture.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness and cut dough as desired.
- Place scones on prepared sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon size of scones. Cool slightly and ice the tops of scones with remaining dip. Serve.