Caramel Apple Streusel Squares
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold butter, cut up
- 5 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (12 1/4 oz.) jar Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- ARRANGE apples over partially baked crust. Mix sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup caramel topping until blended. Pour evenly over apples. Add walnuts to reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over apple layer.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool in pan on wire rack. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream and remaining caramel topping.