Caramel Bottom Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Write a review
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups mini pretzel twists
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped cream, thawed
- Pretzels and chocolate chips, for garnish
- In large pot cover UNOPENED can of sweetened condensed milk with hot water, ensuring water covers can by at least 2 inches. Boil for 5 hours, careful to make sure the water is always covering the can. Remove can from water and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Crush pretzels and combine with brown sugar and melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a pie dish. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
- Pour caramel (cooked sweetened condensed milk) into bottom of pie dish. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides and mix in peanut butter, milk, vanilla and cocoa powder. Beat again until fluffy.
- Fold in non-dairy whipped cream and mound on top of caramel in pie shell. Freeze for 3 or 4 hours.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and garnish with pretzels and chocolate chips, if desired.