Carrot Cake Pancakes with Maple-Cream Cheese Drizzle and Toasted Pecans
Write a review
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed finely grated peeled carrots, patted dry on paper towels (about 3 medium sized carrots)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest, optional
- ¼ cup finely diced candied ginger
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- Cooking spray or melted butter for making pancakes
- 1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spices, salt in a large bowl.
- 2. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, carrots and orange zest in a large bowl until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, fold in the ginger and pecans and mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray or brush with melted butter. Spoon 1/4 cup mounds of the batter onto the pan, spreading with a spatula. Cook for 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute longer or until bottoms are lightly browned. Repeat with remaining the batter. Keep warm in a 200 degree oven on a baking sheet if desired. Stack and drizzle with maple-cream cheese drizzle and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Maple-Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 4 ounces softened Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup grade B pure maple syrup
- Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment until combined, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl, pop in the microwave for about 45 seconds until just warmed through and easy to drizzle.