Carrot Cake Pops
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 cups grated carrots
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 pounds cream cheese, such as Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split and seeds scraped
- Sprinkles, decorative frosting or colored white chocolate for drizzling
- Special equipment: 30 lollipop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- For the cake: In a stand mixer, beat the sugar and oil on medium speed. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Toss half of this mixture in with the carrots. Add the other half to the mixer bowl and mix on low until just combined. Fold in the carrots.
- Divide the batter in half and spread on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. You know it's done when the cake springs back when you gently press the middle. Let cool.
- For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla seeds on medium-high until combined. Don't over mix or the filling will be loose.
- To assemble: Flip one cake layer onto a cutting board and remove the parchment. Spread with about 1/2-inch of frosting and top with the second cake layer. Let sit in the fridge for about an hour to set up.
- Remove the cake from the fridge and trim all the edges. Cut into 2-inch strips and then cut the strips into triangles. Stick lollipop sticks into the center. Place the cake pops in a styrofoam base and decorate the top with decorative frosting or colored white chocolate drizzles. Refrigerate before serving