Celebration Brownie Mix
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bottle (50 ml) coffee-flavored, raspberry-flavored or Irish cream-flavored liqueur
- 1 Layer all ingredients except liqueur in order listed in 1-quart jar with screw-on lid. Attach liqueur bottle to jar with ribbon.
- 2 Include directions below.
- Directions for Celebration Brownie Mix
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom only of square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches, with shortening. Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Beat melted butter, 2 eggs and the liqueur in medium bowl with spoon until blended. Stir in Celebration Brownie Mix. Spread batter in pan. Bake 8-inch pan 30 to 35 minutes, 9-inch pan 25 to 30 minutes, or until dry around edges and toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Makes 16 brownies
- Tie a package of long, thin sparkler candles to the mix to really celebrate!
- You can substitute 1/4 cup flavored syrup for the liqueur. Package in a small jar with screw-on lid.
- Pretty jars make great containers for this mix. If you have a jar on hand and need to check its capacity, fill it with water from a 4-cup glass measuring cup.