Cheese- and Vegetable-Stuffed Shells
Write a review
- 16 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper (any color), chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (14 to 15 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.
- 2Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add zucchini; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in olives and 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce. Cook, stirring frequently, until hot. Remove from heat.
- 4In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese blend. Stir in zucchini mixture until well mixed.
- 5Fill each cooked pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture. Place in baking dish. Pour remaining pasta sauce over shells.
- 6Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.