Cheese-Filled Potato Bites
Write a review
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups plain mashed potato mix (dry)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 24 (1/2-inch) cubes pasteurized prepared cheese product (about 2 3/4 oz.)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup plain mashed potato mix (dry)
- Butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray
- In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water, butter and salt to a boil. Add 1 1/3 cups mashed potato mix, 1 egg and chives; mix well. Let stand 30 seconds. Stir. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Spoon mashed potatoes into 24 mounds, about 1 tablespoon each, onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten into disks. Place 1 cheese cube in center of each potato disk. With pancake turner, remove each disk from cookie sheet; pinch potatoes around cheese cube to form ball.
- In small bowl, beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water until well blended. Place 1 cup mashed potato mix in another shallow dish or bowl. Roll balls in potato mix, then in egg mixture and again in potato mix. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Just before baking, spray coated potato balls with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400°F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until potato coating just begins to brown. Serve immediately.