Cheeseburger Pot Pie
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickle, if desired
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- Heat oven to 450°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in ketchup, pickle and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon mixture into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat over hot beef mixture. Seal and flute edge; cut slits in several places in crust.
- Bake 13 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. After 8 to 10 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.