Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 of a 24-ounce package frozen beef or frozen chicken sandwich steaks (8 steaks)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 jar (about 4 1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 pita breads (6-inch) cut in half, forming 8 pockets
- 1 Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the sandwich steaks in batches and cook until well browned on both sides. Pour off any fat.
- 2 Stir the soup and mushrooms in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Divide the sandwich steaks and soup mixture among the pita halves.