Cheesy Banana Ham Casserole
Write a review
- 8 slices Smithfield Deli Thin Cooked Ham
- 6 slices Smithfield Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 slices white bread
- 4 bananas, sliced on the bias
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- 2. Butter both sides of the bread and layer 6 of them into the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping them as necessary but keep them even. Layer the slices of ham on top of the bread and then the bananas, 6 more slices of bread, then the cheese, potato chips, and bacon.
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour this over the casserole and bake for 30 minutes until brown and bubbly. Cut into squares and remove with a spatula, like lasagna.